Sunday, April 22, 2007

I think that I have a hit a good wave, right before it has begun to crest. In the latest issue of Vogue magazine, there is a section called "Sustainable Style," and one of the articles is about doing away with plastic and paper shopping bags, and instead, using tote bags. There are a couple of beautiful and expensive bags pictured, such as $960 Hermés bag that zips into a wallet-sized pouch for impromptu shopping sprees; a $275 hand-painted shopping bag from Dosa; and a really cool white bag that is cut to look like a paper bag from maison martin margiela that is yours when you buy something from their boutique. Fantastico!

I have decided that I am going to make three different style of bags. Of the three styles, I will make five different styles of two of the bags, and three different style of the other, then 20 each. Since I read the above-mentioned article, I think one of the three totes will be a traditional tote bag with a gusseted bottom. I don't think that I will have them ready by May 15, so my new deadline date is May 30.

Speaking of Vogue, there is a new column titled, "Tabitha Takes On ...", written by Tabitha Simmons about making runway style your own. It is really interesting. I could actually see myself wearing the clothes she writes about. In fact, I have one of the outfits in my closet. Now if I could just go somewhere besides the grocery and fabric stores!

No comments: