Friday, November 16, 2007

Hey everybody! I know that you have heard this before, but I am definitely going to post more. I am safely ensconced in my studio and have been working up a storm. Sewing mostly. I did bring my writing books down so they are closer to the place I am working, but I am fitting everything in.

News: I have had to push back the debut of my VirtualGoogie collection at etsy.com until spring. I am just not organized enough to get it together. I have some really great ideas for totes and some jewelry that came to me in a dream, if you can believe it, and I will be working up some sample pieces in the next couple of weeks. I have to make sure I still have my etsy account.

I went to Chicago last week and have the saw the promised land. While there, I visited, not one, but two Vogue Fabrics! One is in Chicago on Roosevelt and the other is in Evanston, a hop, skip, and a jump north on Lake Shore Drive. There was so much at such cheap prices that going to JoAnn's and Hancock's just feels like a letdown now. It is probably a good thing that I don't live nearby because I would be broke.

Up tomorrow - photos of a couple of finished projects. I have been cutting out several patterns to be sewn in a sort of assembly line manner. I will have photos of those, too!

No comments: