Monday, July 31, 2006

I decided to start a blog because I have so many different crafty interests, including sewing, beading, knitting, crocheting, etc. I would like to use this as a place to post pictures of my projects to get everyone's feedback.

Anyway, I am a big magazine junkie but have been working to keep the clutter to a minimum. I can never find anything anyway, so I decided to go through all my magazines and rip out anything that inspires me, then I file it in its proper place: sewing ideas, crochet ideas, knitting ideas, knitting machine ideas, and beading/jewelry. (I never used to be this organized. When I was in Catholic school, I used to roll up my school uniform and hide it under the bed because I hated to hang it up.)

So, I was going through my InStyle magazines, and I saw the coolest bracelet, which of course cost $1,640! I am not paying that much for a bracelet so I decided to make one in a similar style myself. I finished it and will take a photo of it tomorrow to post.

That is how I usually operate: I see something I like and recreate it. I am not much of an artist, but as a friend of mine once told me, "Good artists aspire. Great artists steal."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know if it is a family thing or what. I don't want to let my subscriptions lapse but I don't have time to sit down and look through everything thoroughly. If I get the gist of it I guess that's good enough.

Anonymous said...

You have some really nice items made. How do you put your order in for one?