Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I haven't been ignoring you my blogging community. It's just that I have been very busy.

It is almost Christmas, and once again, I haven't created any hand knit gifts to give. I don't really like to knit during the summer months and my sewing isn't that perfect to make things for other people. I am fine with mistakes but maybe others aren't?

Right now I have four projects going: a crocheted scarf, two knit hats, and my long-suffering tote bad that I have been working on forever. I also have a half-finished crocheted afghan and a hooded sweatshirt that I started about six years ago. I was perusing my knitting books and I think I am going to redo the sleeves on this thing and add skulls. That's right, skulls! Of course I will post a photo when it is finished.

As promised in so many blog posts, here are some photos.

Here is my Halloween costume. It seems like such a long time ago! I went as a gypsy and felt very gypsy-ish. Next year I am going as a pixie, complete with wings that flutter.


Here is a scarf I recently made. It is out of Cascade Venezia which is a wool/silk blend. I knit it in Farrow rib which is K2, P1. I love the way it turned out. It is very warm.


This is the kniting bag I have been working on. I am using KnitPicks wool and am going to felt it. It is straight knitting and purling and taking forever, but it is a good thing to work on when you are watching t.v.


This is the beginnings of the crocheted scarf. The pattern is from Debbie Stoller's The Happy Hooker and it is called "One Skein Scarf." The pattern is by Denise Cozzitorto and the yarn is Patons Classic Merino Wool in Winter White.

It looks like I will have to post the other photos in another blog posting. There must be a limit?

No comments: