Sunday, August 06, 2006






Hey everybody! I finally have some photos to post.

The first photo is the bracelet that inspired me to get back into beading.


As you can see, it is beautiful. It is 10K gold and leather and it was designed by Me & Roe (www.meandroejewelry.com).

Did you ever look something and say, "I have to have it?" That is how I felt about this bracelet. If you have ever had that feeling, you know that it is irrational and strong and can only be dealt with two ways: 1) ignoring it; and 2) obtaining the object or reasonable facsimile thereof. I did the latter.

To weave the leather, I used a square knot sinnet, which is basically one square knot after another (thanks to my mom for lending me her vintage macrame books for the technique). I substituted the hammered gold coins in the original for shell coins. I also made a masculine version (sans coins) for my husband. He wears it all the time. I just love it.

My next project was a bracelet from a kit I mentioned in my last post.

Here it is:



I also made another version with different beads that I am iffy about:


Well, that is it for now. I will work on taking better photos. I am thinking of getting a tripod to keep the camera steady.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They used to crawl up the wall by my bed when I was little. I'll have to work on my display techniques, because it looks like that to me, too.

Unknown said...

I posted a message on your blog and added it to my Links list on the right-hand side. Honeycat was very beautiful. I am so sorry.